I'm fairly certain at this point that I want to make my podcast on Interactive Advertising.
What pushed me to this decision was seeing this advertisement for skittles on YouTube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDlaJlb1ezg&feature=player_embedded
I think most of the time when someone says Interactive Advertising, the first thing that comes to mind is those annoying flash ads that want you to click them or drag items inside them etc. And I don't think that they're especially effective a lot of the time and in many cases it's not the right way to approach making your advertisement interactive.
In the above video, all the video is asking you to do is place your finger on the screen. That's much more interesting, and easier to trust. One of the issues of the flash ads I mentioned is that people are wary of viruses/malicious software that may infect their computers if they touch them. This isn't a problem with the Skittles Ad.
It's clever, funny and trustworthy. In my opinion this is a good step for the industry.

No comments:
Post a Comment